"This review found that self-management education for school-aged children with asthma resulted in a decrease in missed school days. Limitations in the conduct of the review and the unclear quality of the included studies mean that the results should be treated with caution."
- Asthma is a major chronic disease, effecting the lives of more than 600,000 Arizonans
- Each year there are approximately67 unnecessary deaths in Arizona
- Eight percent (8%) of all school children have asthma
- Over half (57.4%) of the admissions due to asthmaare females
- Although desert communities were once a haven for those with asthma and otherbreathing difficulties, this is no longer the case
- Adult Hispanics are more likely not to have any health care coverage