Children with asthma should be monitored frequently, even when well, by their healthcare providers. An Asthma Action Plan that is developed with the provider can help manage asthma daily, and during times of acute episodes. The family should:
1. Take your medicines as perscribed by your childrens healthcare provider
2. Follow the action plan
3. Have access to quick relief agents during sports, school, and when away from home.
4. Count the amount of puffs used so that it is known when the inhaler is empty
5. Seek help when there is a problem with asthma: coughing, wheezing, chest tightness or shortness of breath.
6. Continue life as planned!